Manastiri - Map, Pictures and Virtual Tours - Page 12

English   Romana    
Areas
Categories
Products
My Account
About 360RVR
Categories Manastiri (124)
...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  
Poiana Marului Monastery
Poiana Marului Monastery
Mraconia Monastery
Mraconia Monastery
Mraconia Monastery
Polovragi Monastery
Polovragi Monastery
Polovragi Monastery
Polovragi Monastery
Sacré-Cœur Cathedral

Poiana Marului Monastery

  • Convent, located on the County Road 204C at the border between counties Buzau and Vrancea, not far from Bisoca, in a secluded and quiet place in the woods. Poiana Marului Monastery was founded in 1730 by St. Basil, its first abbot. Wooden church burned in 1771 and was rebuilt between 1780 and 1784. A second church in Poiana Marului, all wood, was built between 1810 and 1812. Between 1839 and 1840 there was banished Bolliac Caesar. In the eighteenth century, Poiana Marului Monastery was an important monastic and cultural center.

Mraconia Monastery

  • Mraconia Monastery in the Community Duhova, Mehedinti County, at a distance of 15 km west of the Orsova city. More specifically, it is situated on the left bank of the Danube, which forms in that place, the most beautiful gorge across her, lying between Orsova and Moldova Noua.

    Mraconia monastery was built on the site of an observation point and routing of vessels on the Danube, due to architectural relief, the narrowness of the gorge, there could not be two simultaneous passage of vessels. The maximum narrowing and widening the river were named "Cazane", in the opinion of many, the most beautiful place in the country.

Sacré-Cœur Cathedral

  • It was built in Roman-Byzantine style in 1876 under the guidance of architect Paul Abadieal whose design surpassed the 78 competing projects. The basilica is decorated inside with mosaics, one of them depicting Jesus crucified. The old windows of the basilica were broken in 1944 during the Second World War and were later replaced.

    Montmartre hill, in the north of Paris, stands 129 meters above sea level and is where the first bishop of Paris, St. Dionysius, suffered a martyr's death. A large Benedictine monastery occupied until the revolution of 1789 the entire hill. French revolutionaries guillotined all the nuns and destroyed the monastery. In response to defeat in the Franco-German war, Alexandre Hubert Legentil Rohault of Fleury decided to give a spiritual answer to the politico-military disaster that France was in and build a Heart cathedral dedicated to the worship of Christ as a sign of repentance for sins committed.

Polovragi Monastery

  • It is located northeast of Tg. Jiu, on the Tg. Jiu - Rm Valcea road , in a picturesque setting at the foot of Stone Polovragilor. Monastery entrance is through a massive wooden gate, beautifully carved, which reads: "Blessed is the one that comes in the name of the Lord." On the right side of the gate is a beautiful wooden crucifix carved on concrete pedestal, dedicated to Romanian heroes and martyrs.

    Recent historical research has established Polovragi monastery seniority around the year 1505, the founders Spataru Radu Commission and Patru Spataru, sons of Danciu Zamona, great nobleman mentioned in a charter issued on January 18, 1480 by Prince Basarab the Young.
...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13