Putna Monastery - Map, Pictures and Virtual Tours

English   Romana    
Areas
Categories
Products
My Account
About 360RVR
Areas Romania (1432) Suceava County (25) Putna Monastery (7)
Putna Monastery
Putna Monastery
Putna Monastery
Putna Monastery
Putna Monastery
Putna Monastery
Putna Monastery

Putna Monastery
Putna Monastery

  • Putna Monastery is an orthodox monastic placement, one of the most important of his kind from Romania. It was named “The Jerusalem of the Romanian people” (Mihai Eminescu).
    The Putna Monastery placed at 33 km from Radauti city, in the north of Moldavia, was a important cultural center. Here it was copied important books and important miniatures were manufactured. The halidom has a rich monastery museum with embroideries, religious objects and icons.
    Corresponding to the old Moldavian writes, the Putna Monastery, foundation of Stefan the Great (it also contains his grave) was build between 1466 and 1469. The inner yard, the tower and the fortifications were finished in 1481. The church, being devastated by the Timus Hmelnitki’s army, was fixed at the beginning by the Gheorghe Stefan King (1653 - 1658) starting from 1654 and it was done under the Eustanie Dabija King (1661 – 1665) in 1662.
    The Putna Monastery was renovated between 1756 and 1760 by the Iacob Puteanu and after that in 1902 when the roof was rebuilt after the plans of Romstörfer architect and sooner in 1961 - 1975 period.
  • Putna Monastery is an orthodox monastic placement, one of the most important of his kind from Romania. It was named “The Jerusalem of the Romanian people” (Mihai Eminescu).
    The Putna Monastery placed at 33 km from Radauti city, in the north of Moldavia, was a important cultural center. Here it was copied important books and important miniatures were manufactured. The halidom has a rich monastery museum with embroideries, religious objects and icons.
    Corresponding to the old Moldavian writes, the Putna Monastery, foundation of Stefan the Great (it also contains his grave) was build between 1466 and 1469. The inner yard, the tower and the fortifications were finished in 1481. The church, being devastated by the Timus Hmelnitki’s army, was fixed at the beginning by the Gheorghe Stefan King (1653 - 1658) starting from 1654 and it was done under the Eustanie Dabija King (1661 – 1665) in 1662.
    The Putna Monastery was renovated between 1756 and 1760 by the Iacob Puteanu and after that in 1902 when the roof was rebuilt after the plans of Romstörfer architect and sooner in 1961 - 1975 period.